Glider Content

Windows & Linux : Why Windows is still number 1


Hurmm...let see..which one should i use?Windows or Linux? 
If you're computer geek, the question might pop up on your mind. But, what about other people who is not a computer geek?
Let have a look at the graph below :
source : wikpedia.org
The Operating System winner goes to... Microsoft, as always , ( although the number is dropping down year by year ). This shows that majority of people still using windows as their Operating System. Does other people knows about the existing of Linux? The answer is no and yes. Let see why.

Why NO?
  • I lived in a small town, there's no internet in my home 
  • My father,grandfather,great grandfather and great great grandfather teach me how to use windows
  • My teacher told me to do my assignment in Microsoft Word.
  • My school has a big computer lab, and they are all Windows 7 (proudly saying)
  • I just bought a laptop and it has Windows 7 Starter editions in it.
  • I work for a company and my job is keying data into Microsoft Excel..everyday..
  • I went to a computer shop to buy an Operating System. They salesman offers me 3 operating system; Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
  • And the list go on....
Why YES?
  • I love Windows, why should i TRY another Operating System?
  • Can i play my favourite games in other Operating System?
  • I'm afraid to use Linux, some people say that it uses command line.
  • Linux is for hackers. I'm not a hacker.
  • I can't find an easy tutorial on how to use Linux on the Internet
  • I don't know how to download and install Linux
  • People are saying "Free software = virus, malware,spyware+bugs"
  • And the list go on....
Maybe it is hard to change the NO's , but for the YES's , there is a high percentage for them to leave Windows. Let see how : 

How to change the YES's to a Computer Geeks?
  • Help them, treat them like a baby.
  • Post about Linux everywhere..
  • Post a step by step tutorial (a really step by step tutorial)
  • Explain to them about open source
  • Don't show them that learning Linux is a hard thing to do
  • Show them that hackers are COOL
Those are some efforts that can be done by everyone to help people to change from Windows to Linux. Let's spread the Love Of Linux.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More